Retro Theme Party Ideas
Retro Party Supplies
Activities and Games |
Go back to the 70's with a Retro theme party. Have guest come in their favorite hippie clothes! Below you will find decorating ideas for your room and table, activity and game suggestions and party food ideas.
Retro Party Decorating Ideas:
Balloons and streamers...the basic decorating stand-bys...are always an inexpensive and easy way to turn any room into a festive party. Attach streamers from center of ceiling to each corner of the room. Use two colors and twist streamers for effect. Hang a daisy bead curtain in a doorway. Have lots of flowers in room to set the scene!
The easiest way to bring out any party theme is with the paper products for your table. Decorate with Tie Dye theme. Add plates or napkins in solid colors if desired. Tie Dye bandanas make great napkins and double as a party favor.
Retro Party Activities
Activity and Game Ideas
1. Pinta - Pintas are always a party favorite, no matter what the age. Choose a Retro Van or Peace Mobile Pinata. Also makes a great decoration.
2. 70s Music! - Play favorite 70's music and dance!
3. YMCA Party Kit - Make your YMCA band with this kit. Great for lots of laughs and fun.
4. Charades - Anyone that gets tired from dancing can play this fun game!
5. Trivia - Have Trivia questions about the hippie era. Bring back the memories!
Retro Party Food Ideas
Party Food Ideas!
A hippie theme party will need LOTS of cool drinks for thirsty dancers! (If this an adult party, ask guest to
"Bring Your Own Drink" for alcohol to help with the expense.) Furnish soft drinks, tea and water.
Serve light snacks. For example: ham biscuits, cheese and crackers, veggies/fruit and dip, chips, Chex Mix, peanuts and a variety of cookies.
DON'T FORGET TO TAKE PLENTY OF PICTURES!
Have a GREAT Retro Theme Party!